Wednesday, September 28, 2011

stackoholics anonymous

over at Seth Apter's wonderful blog The Altered Page are some great links to Seth's Paper Stack Project. artists and bloggers were invited to submit photos of the stacks we have in our studios. so here are some of my stacks (I'm a little late posting but never mind!) ...there are always lots of stacks at my place...
old books on the ironing board waiting to be reused as journals, collage, tags....too bad about the ironing!! this is just a small stack of old books I have...can't stop finding lovely interesting old books...and of course I have to bring them home...
a close-up of stacks of paper and books on the bookcase...
stacks of old music scores...I love these and found some huge stacks in an op shop a while back for a really good price...couldn't get out the door quick enough with them before the ladies changed their mind on the price!

and a close-up of the music scores - aren't they gorgeous? I think this would work well as a texture for digital art..
so these are my stacks for today. I actually took more photos of other types of stacks but might show you these on another day.
don't forget to pop over to Seth's blog to check out all the other artists participating in this project - there are some wonderful stacks to behold....! 

7 comments:

Seth said...

A much better use of the ironing board. Love the close-up shots of those wonderful papers.

lyle baxter said...

love the music stack! dont you wish all those pieces would magically play as you used them?

bohemiannie! art said...

And...your stacks are wonderful too!

cHim-prints said...

Put "late", the views on: ironing, old books, and bargains together... I'm convinced. We must be related.

Fun to read. Great to look at.

suziqu's thread works said...

Just love your music sheets stacked - how yummy! You really scored here!Suzy.

~*~Patty S said...

Brilliant stacks
they each look so inviting
the ironing can wait ;)

Stack on!
oxo

Raylee said...

i am a bit slow but i am catching up with all the "stacks".....yours would look right at home on my ironing board.....if something needs ironing something has to be moved from the board!