Saturday, September 26, 2009

a cat moment


sally greets the day. my aunty thinks she was a little girl in her last life. I think Sally holds with the theory that "thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. cats have never forgotten this" (unknown); and "you can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals." (George Mikes).
I also love these quotes about cats...."when you are looking, a cat acts like a princess, but the minute they think you are not looking, a cat acts like a fool." (K.C. Buffington); "Time spent with cats is never wasted." (Colette)
a lovely poem
"Before a cat will condescend
To treat you as a trusted friend,
Some little token of esteem
Is needed, like a dish of cream." T.S. Eliot
and this is my favourite...
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." (Jean Cocteau)

No comments: