Friday, January 8, 2010

summer moments






I've been spending a lot of my summer holiday gardening...out early in the mornings for a couple of hours before it gets too hot, and then an hour or so in the afternoon when it cools down again. my garden has been badly neglected these last several months. we had a flood in May 2009 then just as it seemed to be recovering we had a really big hail storm in October 2009 which turned everything to mush. very disheartening. so with the summer heat the weeds have run rampant and were taking over the place. but now I can start to see a little bit of order again and if I can go back to work at the end of the month with it all cleaned up I will be a very happy girl!
after early morning gardening I get to eat a nice breakfast and I turn into a bit of a fruit bat at this time of year! lovely summer fruits like mango, peaches, cherries, nectarines, plums, kiwi fruit, bananas, rockmelon, grapes, pawpaw.......mmmmm. yesterday I bought some lychees which had been marked down in price and as I sat eating some of these this morning I couldn't resist taking photos of the gorgeous colours and textures....inspiration for some textile work I think!

No comments: