Wednesday, March 28, 2012

this afternoon on my way home from work I stopped at a little country cemetery I go past often. I've been meaning to stop and take some photos for along time now and today the time was right
 the afternoon was rainy and stormy on the horizon so I was able to capture some moody shots
 looking at the names on the graves in this cemetery is like taking an inventory of families who have lived in this area for a very long time and whose descendants still live here. as always amongst the graves are some headstones for children. some as young as 4 days old, one who drowned at a nearby beach, a sixteen year old and her young siblings....I wondered what happened to them. some sad stories I'm sure...
I have visited cemeteries in other countries and they are such interesting places. I have seen the most beautiful tombstones and sculptures in cemeteries. maybe I will show you photos of those soon.....

No comments: